The Helios Regiment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Helios Regiment

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Topic about other games

Go down 
+2
Ertdorf
Arcadem
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcadem
lieutenant
lieutenant
Arcadem

Topic about other games Empty
PostSubject: Topic about other games   Topic about other games EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Want to express your feelings about some recent games or your favourite games? Want to name some of the most overrated or underrated games. Or just talk about games in general this is the place.
Back to top Go down
Arcadem
lieutenant
lieutenant
Arcadem

PostSubject: Re: Topic about other games   Topic about other games EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Let's start. Recently I've played Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the patriots, and I can say that that game is trully a masterpiece of modern games, a game of all games. Granted not everyone will like the game since there are a lot of cut scenes in the game, it is based heavily on the story of the whole MGS saga, so if you do decide to give this game a shot, I would advise to play MGS 3 first, then MGS 1 and then MGS 2 before starting this one.

Basicaly you can play this game as you like, you can either play it in first or third person, kill everyone or just sneak behind them. You can play it however you want to. This game is close to perfect.. as close as it gets. And we all know nothing is ever and will be ever perfect, so this means alot. At least to me.

Some other games I would like to mention: - will mention MGS saga one more time since it's my favourite saga of all time(PS1/2/3)
- Final fantasy VIII (PS2) - if not the best turn based RPG of all time
- Fianl Fantasy Tacitcs (PS) - tactical RPG? look no further, best of all time, still have yet to see a game beat this one, and this is an oooooold one
- Jak & Daxter 1/2/3 (PS2) - platforming perfection
- Shenmue II (Xbox) - this game is so great in so many ways I can't even describe
- BioShock (X360/PC) - even though it's a great game, I still think it's a tad overrated (great story, but could use some cutscenes in my opinion)
- Mass Effect (x360/PC) - great storyline, action RPG, surpresses KotOR
- Mafia (PC)- until GTA IV appeared, this game was far better than GTAs combined
- Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox, PC) and Halo 3(x360)- until Halo 3 came Halo was my favourite FPS, ironically it was on a console, Halo 2 was dissapointing if you didn't want to play over Xbox live, Halo 3 just perfected Halo 1 and 2
- Fable (PC/Xbox)- my favourite RPG of all time, even though with it's all flaws, can't wait for Fable 2
-Indigo Prophecy, AKA Fahrenheit (PC/PS2/Xbox) - one of the best stories ever seen in a game, and they say it wants to be called a playable movie, instead of a game
- GTA IV (PS3/x360) - never really liked GTA series until I played this one, this is a great game, and the only remark I have is with it's music, previous GTAs had better music, especially Vice City

As you can see most of my games if not all are heavily based on the storyline and that's the most importing thing to me in a game, then it's the atmosphere and then it's the gameplay. Everything else I only a nice bonus.

There are probably some games I haven't mentioned, be it if I forgot or never played them, or something in between. This is where you come in and name your favourite games or just talk about games.
Back to top Go down
Ertdorf
Ambassador
Ambassador

PostSubject: Re: Topic about other games   Topic about other games EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 7:49 pm

Half Life, Half Life 2 and all ensuing episodes are BRILLIANT!

ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS WRONG!

WRONG I TELL YOU!

Portal is pretty damn amazing too.
Back to top Go down
Furic
Captain
Captain
Furic

PostSubject: Re: Topic about other games   Topic about other games EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 1:57 am

the only games ive recently played and worth talking bout is

PC

W.O.W- aka World of warcraft- Good fun for 4 years but after youve done everythink or cant go further because of reason u get bored

A.O.C- aka Age of Conan- Fun when your at the first island,,,,,, get the next part and its like you feel the game is half finished. at the start you get the npcs talking to you and stuff when you go out of the 1st island the stop talking i asked why to a gm.. and he says. sorry we aint finsihed yet .. o.0

WC3- aka Warcraft 3- GOOD fun stragey game , also play campag gives you all the lore of WOW

xbox

COD4- Call of duty 4 - good fun single player and xbox live reccomend it if you like war shooter games.

HALO 3- LOVE ALL THE HALOS WHAT CAN I SAY IT HAS ENOUGH LOVE
Back to top Go down
https://thehr.forum.st
Manheim
Corporal
Corporal
Manheim

PostSubject: Re: Topic about other games   Topic about other games EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:08 am

Arcadem that's like the best summary of games really.

Metal Gear Solid. If there was a machine that could turn inanimate objects into people I would steal that machine and use it on a copy of all the Metal Gear Solid games piled up and marry it. My only regret is i do not have a PS3 and so have not finished the most epic storyline known to man. In all seriousness, I'm a big fan of this series it's got a very good storyline and pant wettingly good gameplay.

Halo series is also a jaw dropper. I'm looking forward to the expansion on the campaign in January, it will no doubt be solid. I was however a latecomer to Halo and managed to play the games and read the books in order. Halo one may still be my favourite though as the most on edge I have ever been was when playing the level "The Flood" on Halo: Combat Evolved, which has always stuck with me, cos i'm sad like that.

I'm still clawing through Half Life 2 and loving it.

Conkers Bad Fur Day as it is the funniest game i've ever played with the most fun and addictive Multiplayer and Conker: Live and Reloaded for a rather top notch redo!

Yay for games!
Back to top Go down
Arcadem
lieutenant
lieutenant
Arcadem

PostSubject: Re: Topic about other games   Topic about other games EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:35 am

Manheim wrote:

Conkers Bad Fur Day as it is the funniest game i've ever played with the most fun and addictive Multiplayer and Conker: Live and Reloaded for a rather top notch redo!

Yay for games!

How could I forget that game?! That, when it came out, considering the platform (n64) was a true masterpiece, I still can't understand that it doesn't sit on top 10 list games of all time... To have such unbelievable graphics, sound (speech on n64 was something one could only dream of), gameplay and on top of all great sense of humor! I played that game on n64 and then again on the xbox, such a fine game!

Also, would love to point one game I think is underrated and I forgot about it.. The Darkness, such a great story, really comes as a refreshment. (ps3/x360) One of those games which engrosses you and in one moment really touches you. (won't tell the moment since it would ruin it all, but suffice to say it made it on many charts of the many gaming sites as the ''oh snap!'' moment in gaming history)

And Manheim, I understand you don't have PS3 and all, but I'll just say I bought PS3 only for MGS4, been saving for some time for it, and I didn't and will not regret it. MGS4 is just that game which I'll be telling everyone in about 20 years from now on as one of the best if not he best game I've played. It will be hard to surpress it. If anything try to borrow PS3 from someone and buy the game, it's that good believe me.
Back to top Go down
Manheim
Corporal
Corporal
Manheim

PostSubject: Re: Topic about other games   Topic about other games EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:42 am

Arcadem wrote:

And Manheim, I understand you don't have PS3 and all, but I'll just say I bought PS3 only for MGS4, been saving for some time for it, and I didn't and will not regret it. MGS4 is just that game which I'll be telling everyone in about 20 years from now on as one of the best if not he best game I've played. It will be hard to surpress it. If anything try to borrow PS3 from someone and buy the game, it's that good believe me.

I'm still figuring out the how of it all, but I'm going to get a PS3 if only for MGS4. But i'm sure there's other good games. I was a big fan of the original Killzone and that's supposed to come out...well eventually!

I'd be lost if i never got to play MGS4
Back to top Go down
Kalekht
Corporal
Corporal
Kalekht

PostSubject: Re: Topic about other games   Topic about other games EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 2:27 pm

I see a lot of us are final fantasy buffs so let me give you some impartial advice: if you like square enix, the new xbox360 game 'Infinite Undiscovery' is good, but so short its not worth the £40.
Yes you can play it for hours and hours if you want, but the story is lacking in length in comparison to the other masterpieces produced by the major rpg creator.
Back to top Go down
Arcadem
lieutenant
lieutenant
Arcadem

PostSubject: Re: Topic about other games   Topic about other games EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 7:11 pm

Kalekht wrote:
I see a lot of us are final fantasy buffs so let me give you some impartial advice: if you like square enix, the new xbox360 game 'Infinite Undiscovery' is good, but so short its not worth the £40.
Yes you can play it for hours and hours if you want, but the story is lacking in length in comparison to the other masterpieces produced by the major rpg creator.

Hm.. heared alot of different opinions on that game, going from great, inovative, great story to shallow, rubbish, too short, flawed, many glitches and such. So with all the games coming out in the next 2 months, not to mention all the games I skipped because of the colleague during the past year, I'll have to pass on this one. Still.. thanks for the info. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Topic about other games   Topic about other games EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 7:50 pm

In terms of online games, I still continue to be impressed by WoW as a game, even though my opinion of Blizzard Entertainment's approach to customer service, especially in the EU involves a string of expletives that would get this post deleted! Smile It's a good game; the latest patch (Wednesday 15th October) is an intelligent change in direction, and I look forward to having new endgame content with WOTLK in November, because what's there right now is feeling very stale.

I tried Age of Conan, and agree - a nice idea, a good start, but hopelessly unfinished in some key areas, and completely wasting some excellent opportunities for interaction. The game world feels very static, and the grind promises to be long, dull and unrewarding post 20, as well as the PvP and Guild settlements being rubbish.

Guild Wars failed to engage me on anything other than the graphics - a pretty but very empty game.

Other than that, I have only one game I consistently return to on my PC, which is the Medieval II: Total War series... a game so good I can't believe it's British! Wink A fantastic turn based strategy game with real time battles, and a whole host of scenario packs. Just excellent.

The Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War series aren't bad either, though I find them a bit fast paced, the view a bit too close and limiting, and the ordering system fairly imprecise. I preferred Warcraft II of all the RTS games I've played of this style, but again, I don't like the pace. The Warlords games were enjoyable, but suffered from game balance issues.

Best games ever? Morrowind still kicks ass over Oblivion for story and gameplay. I eagerly await the next Elder Scrolls and hope they learned from Oblivion's weaknesses. Back in the day - Elite on the BBC basic of course... I never made it to Elite though, I was one step away at Deadly. And the Steel Panthers series, especially II, which remain the best turn based military strategy simulator I've ever seen... a great one for people like me who are basically wargamers using their PC in place of a board - if you still have a machine which has a proper DOS emulator, that's still well worth picking up from Ebay if you like strategy wargames.
Back to top Go down
Morun
Private
Private
Morun

PostSubject: Re: Topic about other games   Topic about other games EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 8:51 pm

I find it hard to discuss other games without bringing up EVERYTHING Bioware has done. They have yet to disappointment me and I own every last title for PC they ever made. Love it. Good ole fashion escapism in it's truest form..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic about other games   Topic about other games Empty

Back to top Go down

Topic about other games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Helios Regiment :: Visitors :: Off topic-
Jump to: